The question that springs to most people’s mind is “Why do I need a wedding planner when I can do it myself?”
Most people do not realize that planning a wedding is a very time consuming effort. On average, you spend between 200 to 300 hours! So, it makes sense to hire someone to manage this headache for you.
A wedding planner is also there to guide you through the stressful moments and takes care of all the details so that you can enjoy your own wedding. Considering the happy couple needs to choose locations for the ceremony and reception, handle caterers and menus, find flowers, cakes and photographers, the idea of handing these tasks over to a professional is quite liberating. A wedding planner can take care of any item, no matter how small. She’ll know the happy couple’s likes and dislikes and will make sure even the most minor details are perfect. Here is the main task you can be sure your wedding planner will do :
• A wedding planner will help you create a budget for the type of wedding you want to have
• Your wedding planner will keep record of your expenditures, and make money saving suggestions.
• A wedding consultant will help you stay within your wedding budget.
• Oftentimes, a wedding planner will receive merchandise at discounted prices, actually offsetting their fee.
• A wedding consultant knows A LOT of service providers and can recommend the best ones in your area. This includes florists, caterers, photographers, musicians, decorators, etc.
• A seasoned wedding planner will help guide your step-by-step through the planning system, and will make the appointments to meet with service providers at the appropriate time.
• A wedding consultant will take care of any emergency that arises.
• A wedding consultant will create an itinerary for your wedding day, and keep things on schedule as the event progresses.
Brides need a go-to person for etiquette, wedding-related questions, and to keep the planning timeline moving forward. All brides need a liaison to help keep emotions and relationships from straining during planning. Your wedding planner is a combination of Martha Stewart and Emily Post. Do you really have the time and inclination to research, answer, and solve the problem yourself?
The most important service a wedding planner provides, is alleviate some of the work (and stress) involved with planning a wedding. Wedding planning and the events that lead up to your day will be stressful. You should have one job only. Keeping yourself relaxed and living in the moment. You need time to take in and enjoy this special day. Be with your loved ones. Be happy. Be kind. And mostly, be assured that your wedding is going to be the most fabulous day of your life.
Yes, all weddings have glitches. And yours will, too. But your wedding planner will make sure you never have to deal with or see them. You may never even know anything out of the ordinary happened. And that is the sign that you are a genius at wedding planning. You started out with great ideas, hired a wedding planner to bring them to life, and sat back like a pampered princess on your wedding day accepting all the accolades that you deserve.